Friday 3 February 2012

Margin Call – MD Review

Not withstanding my major soft spot for producer and star Zachary Quinto I had a good time with Margin Call. There was something old fashioned about a movie ostensively played out on one set.  It was like Twelve Angry Men or Glengarry Glen Ross with lots of cracking actors knocking chunks out of each other - and Demi Moore.  Relevant, realistic and reckless it got the characterisation balanced so I was able to maintain my general antipathy to the whole business of corporate banking whilst investing something in some of the people I was watching. Ultimately it revisionist and undoubtedly won’t be recognised by the people it portrays, but a solid attempt to start unpacking and understanding some of the drivers of why we are where we are.

And ZQ is so hot.

Score 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment